We’ve filtered the market and found the best home HVAC air filters so you won’t have to! To select these more than useful filters, we looked at various elements including their size and durability, the technology they use and how easy they are to install. We also took into consideration the type, number, and size of particles they can capture.
HVAC or home heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning air filters are an essential element in any household. Although the process of heating and cooling might bring an increase in the utility bill, it is worthwhile and even insignificant if you pair this with an efficient HVAC filter.
1. Permafoam (16 x 25 x 1) Permanent HVAC Air Filter by Trophy Air
Any permanent HVAC air filter should be compact and use long-lasting materials as this will reduce its cleaning frequency and this Trophy Air filter meets both these requirements. It is also easy and fast to install and should fit even existing system which makes it even easier to change old filters.
This model’s enhanced filtration should help improve the airflow in any house and clean it of dust and pollen. While some users claim that this filter is unable to capture fine particles, most seem pleased with its results.
- The filter is 20” x 20” x 1” inches in its compact form.
- Permanent HVAC air filter.
- Cleans and purifies the air.
- Features a four-layer Aluminum frame.
- Uses a 20 PPI (pores per inch) Aluminum and Polyurethane media pad.
2. Filtrete Ultrafine Particle Reduction Filter, MPR 2800
The Filtrete Ultrafine Particle Reduction Filter uses an advanced technology that allows it to capture even the micro-particles floating in your rooms. You can easily get rid of smoke, soot, dust, viruses, bacteria, debris, pollen, lint, and other forms of air particles thanks to this filter.
Most customer reviews about the product are positive and relate to the Filtrete Ultrafine Particle Reduction Filter’s outstanding performance. However, some customers have complained of its having a limited airflow due to its tightly packed and uneven pleats.
- Sized 20” x 20” x 1” Inches and comes in double-pack.
- Uses 3-in-1 technology that combines the capacity to pull and trap extremely tiny and unwanted particles from your rooms while at the same time allowing clean air to flow through.
- Designed using electrostatic paper-pleated filters.
3. Filtrete Smart Filter MPR 1500
This HVAC air filter can detect changes in the air pressure and thanks to this, can then approximate its lifespan. Namely, its proprietary 3M algorithm can help you change the filter just in time, neither too soon or too late.
This is also not the only feature to make it deserve its place on this list of best HVAC air filters. The Filtrete Smart app is another great characteristic as it makes this air filter faster and easier to use when compared to other available options. You can get information about the outdoor air quality from the app as well.
The Filtrete smart filter MPR 1500 garnered a generally positive response from its users, particularly with regards to its ability to filter bacteria, virus, and allergen agents. Still, it must be noted that some buyers report that they received counterfeits with similar but less efficient capabilities.
- Measures 20” x 20” x 1” inches and comes in a double pack.
- Uses a proprietary 3M algorithm that calculates and updates the filter life.
- Works with the Filtrete iOS and Android smart app.
- Smart air filter with digital capabilities such as the ability to detect alterations in air pressure and respond by equilibrating the optimal airflow and particle capture efficiency.
4. AFB Gold MERV 11 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter
These AFB air filters from FilterBuy were designed to be long-lasting and to fit both residential and business and commercial needs and requirements. They are made in the USA from high-quality materials for added resistance and efficiency.
These air filters should be capable of capturing a variety of particles and anything from smoke to pet dander, lint and dust to mold spores. Its wide range of captured particles definetly makes it deserve its place on this list of best home HVAC air filters.
- Measures 20”x20”x1” inches compact.
- The filter is made of a synthetic material designed to protect you from allergens.
- Consists of a quad-pack of filters.
- The filter frames are made using beverage boards that stay strong even in humid places and temperatures ranging up to 200° F.
5. Electrostatic Air Filter Replacement
As one of the best home HVAC air filters currently on the market, this latest model adds further value to an already useful air filter. For example, its size was increased to provide a more universal fit. Also, this is a quick and easy to install HVAC air filter, and is washable too!
Produced in the US, the filter is made of 4 layers of high-grade aluminum combined with two layers of electrostatic media.
The Electrostatic Air Filter Replacement received very positive reviews from users, and its aluminum frame in particular.
- This system measures 20” x 20” x 1” inches compact.
- Its advanced design uses four layers of top-quality Aluminum and a couple of coats of electrostatic media.
- The electrostatic slides can fit seamlessly into a home HVAC air filter, making it very easy to change them.
So, what do you think?
Air filters can sometimes be a source of discomfort rather a helping hand in a home if they are not well chosen. Still, as this list of best home HVAC air filters goes to show, you can find the right product to fit your needs and space.
Feel free to impart your experiences and thoughts about the listed products if you’ve already used it and generally enjoy the benefits brought by having the best home HVAC air filters!